What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text stored in your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is a cookie NOT?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam or spyware, and does not open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not typically store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs or personal information, etc. The data stored are of a technical and statistical nature, personal preferences, content customisation, etc.
The web server does not associate the cookie with you as an individual, but with your web browser. In fact, if you typically use the Chrome browser and try browsing the same website with Firefox, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person, because it in fact associates the information with the browser, not the person.
What types of cookie exist?
- Technical cookies:These are the most basic, and are used, among other functions, to ascertain whether a person or automated application is browsing, when an anonymous or a registered user is browsing, basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic website.
- Analytical cookies:They gather information about the type of browsing being performed, the sections most commonly used, products consulted, usage time bands, languages, etc.
- Advertising cookies:They display advertising in accordance with your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the site you are visiting, while third-party cookies are generated by external services or providers, such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google Adsense, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses first- and third-party cookies. The website uses the following cookies, as detailed below:
Customisation: Cookies help us to remember the individuals or websites you have interacted with, so that we can show you related content.
Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and privacy settings.
This website uses analytical cookies, specifically Google Analytics, to help the website analyse how users make use of the site and to improve its usability, but in no case are they associated with any data that could ultimately identify a user. Google Analytics, is a website analysis service provided by Google, Inc. Users can click here to find out about the types of cookie used by Google.
Social media cookies may be stored in your browser while you browse http://www.baibor.com, for example if you use the button to share http://www.baibor.com on any social media platform.
Information is provided below as to the social media platforms used by this website in their own cookies policy is:
- Facebook cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- Twitter cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- Instagram cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- Google+ cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- LinkedIn cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- Pinterest cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
- YouTube cookies: view further information in their cookies policy
List of cookies
A comprehensive list of cookies used at Baibor.com may be consulted here.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only deleted, but they can also be blocked in general or specifically for a particular domain.
To delete a website’s cookies you will need to open your browser settings and search for those connected with the domain in question, and then delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
If you wish, you can disable Google Analytics tracking by means of this browser plug-in provided by Google.
Further information about cookies
If you would like to have greater control over the setting of cookies, you can install programs or plug-ins for your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to select the cookies you wish to allow.
This cookies policy was updated most recently on 21/09/2019.